Re: Forms Services: CGI vs Cartridge

From: andres <andres757_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2001 06:49:07 -0700

Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<3B8D2A80.21AA_at_yahoo.com>...
> andres wrote:
> >
> > I installed IAS 9i on Windows NT.
> > I'm testing Form Servives with the default configuration and
> > everything seems to work fine.
> > I understand there are 2 ways in wich you can use Form Services: CGI
> > (default) and Cartridge.
> >
> > is that right with IAS 9i?
> > if so, what should I configure in order to be able to use the Forms
> > Cartridge?
> > (I tried several things and examples I read in the documentation, but
> > they didnt't work)
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> > Andres.
>
> My understanding was the cartridge was on the way out, the cgi stuff
> came in around 6.0 I think, and the doco certainly was pushing people to
> go that way.
>
> hth
> connor

I guess you are right.
I found new docs, and In the last releases of Forms Services, they talk about CGI implementation and Servlets implementation. At the beginning I thought servlet was the new name for cartridge (you know how Oracle likes to change names !!!!), but later I conclude it's not that way.

do you know what exactly servlets are? or what should I do to configure them?

Thanks again.
Andres. Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 08:49:07 CDT