Re: How to populate column changes system-wide?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:04:40 GMT

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:50:36 +0800, Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net> wrote:

>As we know that types can be defined as objects in Oracle, but we
>don't see they function as the middle layer as does the package (which
>can store their data either in SQL Server or Oracle). Does anyone know
>how to do this in Oracle without any on-top-of-it package?

The Object relational manual in th standard ORACLE distribution discusses this very same subject at length and with plenty of examples. I suggest a gander that way. Fully supported. And you can even refer to them from Java through JDBC! Try that with SS...

>One more question, anyone remember when the 'alter table add / modify

Version 4.

>/ drop column'

Version 8i.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 08:04:40 CDT