R: Problem with dual instances

From: Claudio A. <claudio.am_at_libero.it>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:13:33 +0200

Hi,
I am using Oracle v. 8.1.7 on HP-UX v. 11i.

I used the DBAssist to create the new instance and the new DB. I refered to the first INIT<sid>.ORA file only for the right parameters (i.e. max_processes, block_size, etc.). .Then I defined the tablespace name and sizes, Rollback segment and redo files, etc properly. When I choose a new SID name in DBAssist, it refer to different path for the control files and the other files.
Now I have two different and indipendent Database (datafiles are in two different filesystem in my server!).

If I start the first DB it work well. When I start the second one, I get the error:
ORA-03113 End-of-file on communication channel.

Then if I shutdown the first instance and start the second one, it work well, but if now try to restart the first one I obtain again the ORA-03113 error.

Thank very much for your interest.