Re: Oracle Clustering

From: Ronald <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: 30 Aug 2001 02:50:22 -0700

mojgan.taheri_at_t-systems.de (Taheri) wrote in message news:<d616c561.0108290222.2fd004f0_at_posting.google.com>...

> Hi eyerbody,

> we are using Oracle on HP_UX with CORBA (Visibroker),
> has anybody any Experience with oracle Clustering or fail-over related with CORBA?

I never did anything with CORBA. What do you mean with clustering ? running ops/rac or running with an idle standby server that takes the database when the primary server is down ?

With ops and rac you can configure you sql*net connections to have Transparant Application Failover. When it is important for the application to know in what instance she is running, the app should constantly check this and when needed re initialize it's session variables.

Ronald.

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 04:50:22 CDT