Re: Problems with installing Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:29:08 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> From Metalink
>
> Doc ID: Note:131299.1
> Subject: ALERT: Oracle Installer 8.1.X Hangs on Machines with Pentium 4
> Processors
> Type: ALERT
> Content Type: TEXT/PLAIN
> Creation Date: 02-JAN-2001
> Last Revision Date: 26-JUN-2001
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Sybrand,

I often wonder as to whether the terms of service allow for the posting of Metalink documents.
I'm really not try to screw you over - I'd also like to post articles, but have refrained due to fear of violating the terms of service.

In the long run for Oracle - most info to users means less support calls.

In the short run - support costs money. I still want people to buy support contracts so that there is someone on the other end of the phone when I get an ORA-00600 and crash on a production box.

wondering.

Paul Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 01:29:08 CDT