Re: Co-existence of SQL Server and Oracle

From: Fuzzy <fuzzy42_at_nospam.usa.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:35:50 GMT

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:04:32 +0100, "Keith Jamieson" <Keith.Jamieson_at_phoenix.ie> wrote:

>Does anyone know if there are any problems. gotcha's, etc with SQL Server
>and Oracle co-existing on the same server.
>
>I know this is not a good idea, but it is
>only for an in-house test, I would not ecommend it for a production system.

No problems ... I've got SS2000, Oracle8i, DB2 7.2, Sybase 12.5 and Informix 9.21 all on the same win2k box (infact, multiple instances as well). The actual servers themselves usually have no problems ... the gooey stuff sometimes suffers from MS's bad habits (perpetual DLL upgrades for instance).

Enjoy.
Ciao
Fuzzy