Re: system datafile is damaged

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:44:40 GMT

IF the data is THAT important then follow this procedure :

1. write a blank cheque (or ask your company for one)
2. call Oracle support
3. ask for a Oracle tech guy on-site and tell'm to bring DUL
4. if they hesitate - tell'm you have a blank cheque waiting for them
5. find the one guy who knows all your tables by heart (kinda like - pop
quiz hotshot ... table #3202 has 10 columns and the first five records are these ... what is the tablename ??? :-) - most probably this will be a senior developer ... or just one of the guys who didn't bail out after this incedent ....) 6. pray

Have fun,
Koert