Re: What are the dynamic views starting with GV$?

From: Suzi <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:21:29 GMT

The GV$ views stand for GLOBAL if I'm not mistaking and are only useful if you're running Oracle Parallel Server (and probably still for Oracle 9i RAC).
Hence, INST_ID stands for instance id (you can define your instance id in the init.ora).
Querying V$ views in OPS will reveal info about the instance you're logged on - querying
the GV$ will reveal the same info but for each instance participating in the cluster.