Re: Redo Log Size

From: Suzi <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:49:47 GMT

1M .... large ... ??? you mean small !
4 logswitches in less than one minute - why don't you make'm 30MB or something ... should give
you a logswitch every 10 minutes or so ... still pretty high but better ... We have a 800GB DB with 12 loggroups and each member is 256MB so you shouldn't loose your
sleep if you think 2M is too large ... and oh ... as always tune your checkpoints.

Who installed your DB - if I were you I would check if I didn't have a 100k logbuffer and an 8Mb buffercache ... smells like a default install ...