Re: 8.1.7 cache buffer chains contention

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:51:06 +0100

That's a bit odd, I would have expected to see at least a couple of CR copies of the block.

Is the index in the DEFAULT pool, or one or other of the KEEP / RECYCLE pools ?

Has your value for _db_block_max_cr_dba been adjusted.

How do you feel about doing:

    alter session set events
    'immediate trace name treedump level NNN';

where NNN is the object_id of the index in question. This will dump a line of text for every block in the index, and prove that the block IS the root block (it will be the first one listed in the dumpt) as well as telling us something about the degree of packing of the block and the rest of the index.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.