Materialized Views performance

From: mike streeton <mikes_at_crazydiamondcorp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:25:51 +0100

We are running 8.1.7 with 3 aggregate materialized views on a single fact table. The views are created with query rewrite and on commit update. The query rewrite works great and queries are very good. Update performance of the base fact table is very poor with a 1000 row insertion taking 1.5 hours, to do this in my own pl/sql code takes 2 seconds on the same machine.

Has anybody else seen this problem or similar and no the reason. We could maintain the materialised views ourselves but getting Oracle to do it would be the best option.

Many Thanks

Mike Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 09:25:51 CDT