Oracle restore?

From: Christopher S. Penn <cspenn_at_cuol.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2001 06:36:39 -0700

Hi all,

A fairly common procedure in the regular NT world if we need to restore a file that also exists in real-time is to restore the file from tape to another machine, usually via the network. Well, I have a backup tape of an Oracle database, and my knowledge of Oracle is essentially zero. I have Backup Exec 8.5 with the Oracle Agent, and I need to know how to restore an Oracle database to another server so that I can create a DMP file of the data. Can anyone assist me in understanding the process or point me towards some excellent resources on the Web?

Thanks!

Chris Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 08:36:39 CDT