Re: Co-existence of SQL Server and Oracle

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:26:04 +0100

Actually I'd have thought that *provided only that* only one RBMS is running at one time then this setup should be OK for a performance comparison between the two systems. What it will most likely measure is your relative dba skills in the 2 RDBMS systems but nevertheless it is a reasonable performance test, much much better than relying on things like TPC-C.

just my opinion.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA