Q: Oracle9i AS Back-end Database?

From: Anonymous Developer <orakcle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2001 04:13:15 -0700

Hello all,

We are running Oracle 8.1.6 on our server.

Is it possible to install and use Oracle9iAS or an upgrade to higher versions of Oracle database is necessary?

Oracle 9i AS FAQ is inconsistent in this regard and in one question the answer is that it is certified against 8.0.6, 8.1.7 and 9.0.1 and in another it is said that it works with any Oracle8i as the back-end database.

A prompt response is highly appreciated. Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 06:13:15 CDT