Re: URGENT! ODBC Gurus - please help!

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:41:06 +0200

"Sebastian Scholz" <e9926043_at_student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote

> Is there a way to install an Oracle ODBC Driver (8.1.7) on a Client
> with NO Admin Privilege? At our customer site we need this Driver, but
> don't get admin rights.

Surely admin rights (assume that you are referring to Oracle database privileges) are set in Oracle, the sole domain of Oracle, ODBC be damned?

If you are referring to ODBC administration rights (i.e. to add/modify/delete ODBC datasource aliases), then you are in the wrong Usenet group as this group is specific for Oracle server related issues and not how well or how badly, Microsoft ODBC technology is to use and support. Though.. some of us are known not to spare the lead pipe when it comes to beat ODBC users into submission.

--
Billy