Problems with installing Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition

From: Rene Smetsers <rene.smetsers_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: 28 Aug 2001 00:46:32 -0700

Hi,

I want to install the Oracle8i Enterprise Edition on a Windows 2000 Professional Workstation (Dell Optiplex 400, 256MB mem, P4).

After inserting the CD and clicking Install in the autorun menu, nothing happens. I reinstalled the pc with a fresh copy of Win2000, but the problem remains.

I tested the CD on a Windows 2000 server (512 MB, PIII) and on this server the installation does run.

Has anyone see this problem before? Has this problem something to do with the Intel Pentium 4 processor. If yes, is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Rene Smetsers Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 02:46:32 CDT