Installing Names Server without graphical tools

From: Katja Werner <katja.werner_at_sap.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:54:04 +0200

Hi,

can anybody tell me, how installing/administering Names Server (Cache replication, no region database) without Network Manager (Oracle 7.3.4 Database)?
My concrete problems:
How is the correct syntax (examples) for registering services with namesctl? Where/in which files are this services saved? I couldn't find their - neither in names.ora nor in ckpreg.ora.

Thanks
Katja Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 01:54:04 CDT