Re: rollback datafile move

From: Andrew Allen <ajallen_at_mailhost.det.ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 04:34:39 GMT

I have done this many times without disrupting database services. I do it as follows:
1) Create a new rollback tablspace with files the sized and placed where you want them.
2) Create new rollback segments in that tablespace using a different naming scheme from the original set.

3) Update the initXXX.ora file to brint the new rollback segments online
4) Take the old rollback segments offline and delete them
5) Drop the old rollback tablespace and delete its datafiles.

--

Andrew Allen