Re: temp tablespace

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:43:52 +0100

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >

> > and an Oracle executable and a parameter file ;)
>
> Hey Jonathan! I've never tested this -is it really necessary to have a
> parameter file with anything in it (I know a file of the right name is
> required)?
>
> After all, there are default values for shared pool, log buffer and buffer
> cache. Surely Oracle could improvise a little?
>
> Regards
> ;-)
> HJR
>

> > --
> > Jonathan Lewis
> >
> > Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ
> > http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html
> >
> > Author of:
> > Practical Oracle 8i: Building Efficient Databases
> > See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html
> >
> > For latest news of public appearances
> > See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk
> >
> > Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
> > Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.
> >

> > Howard J. Rogers wrote in message <3b8a2230_at_news.iprimus.com.au>...
> > >
> > >Strictly speaking, all you require is RAM in which to create the
> Instance.

I got the following (8.1.7 on NT with an empty parameter file)

SQL> startup nomount
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 83716124 bytes

Fixed Size                    75804 bytes
Variable Size              32776192 bytes
Database Buffers           50331648 bytes
Redo Buffers                 532480 bytes

Cheers
Connor

--
Connor McDonald