Problems going from US7ASCII to WE8ISO8859P1

From: Allen <allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2001 14:32:29 -0500

I changed the character set of our production database from US7ASCII to WE8ISO8859P1. Now the "cent" symbol looks like a quotation mark. I thought WE8ISO8859P1 was a superset of US7ASCII and this wouldn't cause any problems. Now I'm worried that I can't go back to subset after using the superset character set. Anyone know anything about this? The data is stored in CLOB columns. Is there an easy way to update my CLOB data to replace the old cent character with the new one? Any other conversions I need to be aware of?

Thanks! Allen Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 14:32:29 CDT