Re: Database character set change

From: Anatoly Moskovsky <avm_at_trais.com.ua>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:17:28 +0300

Hi!

 Ps> Here's how you should change the characterset(basically, this is
 Ps> taken directly from Oracle's documentation):
 Ps> 7.  alter database character set <new_character_set_name>

>> conversion, i.e. WE8ISO8859P1 -> EL8ISO8859P7.

The current character set must be a strict subset of the character set to which you change. (taken from documentation :) I'm not sure that EL8ISO8859P7 is a superset for WE8ISO8859P1 (for Oracle).

So, would "alter database character set EL8ISO8859P7" command change the charset?

Bye

Anatoly Moskovsky, Oracle Developer avm_at_sqlbatch.com [SQL Batch/Oracle, DBA tools, reverse engineering, scripting extensions]: http://sqlbatch.com/sb/ Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 09:17:28 CDT