Re: Oracle with Multi-processors

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:45:59 GMT

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:16:27 +0200, "icm" <icm_at_inforsud.fr> wrote:

>We have a NT Server with 2 processors, and want to install Oracle using
>multi-threads.
>Is there anybody knowing this solution ?

JP, ORACLE will use multi-threads on NT with default install. You don't need to do anything special. If you want to have parallel execution (as in parallel query), then you need to install the specific option for that. But it has nothing to do with ORACLE using NT's multi-thread ability or not.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 07:45:59 CDT