Re: Oracle with Multi-processors

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:35:10 +0200

"icm" <icm_at_inforsud.fr> wrote in message news:9mddgl$olc$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> Hi,
> We have a NT Server with 2 processors, and want to install Oracle using
> multi-threads.
> Is there anybody knowing this solution ?
> Thank you for help... and I'm very confuse for my so bad English.
> JP Clutier

The only way to take advantage of multiple processors is using the Parallel Query option included in the Enterprise Edition. No special installation necessary, you only need to configure Parallel Query (and to know it is not the panacea to all your performance problems) If you don't have the Parallel Query option, rest assured NT will try to distribute the workload.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 07:35:10 CDT