What is the implications of Level# for a latch?

From: Niraj Mehta <mehta_niraj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 01:56:35 -0500

Hello,

I have been searching extensively in the Oracle documentation, what exactly does the Level# for a latch (in V$LATCH view) imply. All that I could find from the metalink is that this is a way to avoid deadlocks. However, the article does not mentions how.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Niraj Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 01:56:35 CDT