Help Oracle error - ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out

From: Ravi <ravi_p_44_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2001 00:11:39 -0700

Hello All,
I am trying to connect to a database over the internet through a VPN (Virtual Private Network).The VPN seems to work fine. I am able to ping to the machine.But I am not able to connect to the database.I tried TNSPING but it gives me error TNS - 12535. Sometimes it also gives me error TNS -12560. I also tried to connect through sqlplus and it gives me error ORA 12535 : TNS: operation timed out. The database server and my client machine are very far away from each other. The database version is 8.0 and the client version is 8.1.5.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravi. Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 02:11:39 CDT