Re: temp tablespace

From: Clay <claydavidson_at_earthlink.nospam.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:32:27 GMT

Thanks for the reply.
Someone asked me if they could turn off logging for their temporary tablespace and I could not answer the question.

It had never occurred to me before that the temporary tablespace was written to redo but I could not say for sure. If it was, then I couldnt see for what purpose but once again I did not know for sure. A good bit of temporary table info is written to redo but that is a little different. Even so, if temporary information from a table is written it seems possible that info from the tablespace could be. Both are temporary.

I am going to follow up on this and if I find out a definite answer I will let you know.

thanks,

clay