Re: temp tablespace

From: No-spam poster <cpclt_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:26:03 GMT

Dan

I don't know who you are, but you certainly don't know how to read and respond to news group posts. Instead of answering his question you decided to flame...in poor style no less.

Clay, to answer your question. I am fairly certain that Oracle does not "log" the creation of temporary segments. Logically there is no reason to do so because temp segments are not needed or used for recovery which is the primary purpose behind redo logs. Bottom line: I don't think it matters whether the temp tablespace is set to LOGGING or NO LOGGING creation of temp segments is not logged.

One unusual thing about temp segments is that once they are allocated in a running instance they are not deallocated until the database is recycled. They are shared and re-written among many transactions.