Re: rollback datafile move

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2001 09:22:19 -0700

"Steve" <schen_at_prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<sO7i7.10578$FZ1.1133460585_at_newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have comment about whether the way to move rollback datafile
> around (not rollback segment) is the same as to move datafile.
>
> Any comments are appreciated.
>
> Steve

You can not move a datafile that contains an active rollback segment so in all cases you have to take all rbs segments assigned to a tablespace offline before moving any data file associated with the tablespace.

As long as you have an available non-system rbs segment then once you take the active rbs segments assigned to the tablespace the data file belongs to off-line then the procedure is the same:

alter tablespace x offline
perform OS copy of file
rename the datafile in Oracle
bring tablespace online