Re: Database character set change

From: Anatoly Moskovsky <avm_at_trais.com.ua>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 13:45:46 +0300

Hi!

 SB> Directly updating the dictionary invalidates any support contract.
 SB> As you are, however, running a desupported version, in your case
 SB> that probably doesn't make much difference.
 SB> Just a warning for anyone wanting to apply the above advice on a
 SB> supported version: don't do it. There are procedures for it, and
 SB> they work.

It would be very interesting for me (and I hope for all ) if you describe those procedures or point at the place in the documentation where they are described.
Thanks

Bye

Anatoly Moskovsky, Oracle Developer avm_at_sqlbatch.com [SQL Batch/Oracle, DBA tools, reverse engineering, scripting extensions]: http://sqlbatch.com/sb/ Received on Sun Aug 26 2001 - 05:45:46 CDT