Oracle8i on Linux 7.1 HELP - I'm melting

From: KM1550 <km1550_at_newmail.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:02:53 -0400

Good folks,
I've been banging my head on this for over two weeks.

The Oracle Universal Installer will not start. "The Java RunTime Environment was not found a X/bin/jre. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run.

Based on what I've picked up here and through various sources, I've done the following pre-install tasks.

  1. Installed Linux 6.2 compatibility libraries (compat-egcs, compat-glibc and compat-libs)
  2. Installed JDK118_v3
  3. Added to $HOME/.bash_profile as per the following

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
source /usr/i386-glibc21-linux/bin/i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh export ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle
export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/8.1.7 export ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/local/jdk118_v3/bin:/bin unset LANG

All this and the Installer still will not start. Needless to say, at this point my frustration has turned into major disappointment. I was really looking forward to using this product.

Hopefully someone can help...I'd be forever grateful!

Kevin Received on Sat Aug 25 2001 - 10:02:53 CDT