Re: Analyze schema, how to unanalyze it? It is halting the database..

From: Robert Fazio <dbabob_at_yahoo.nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 02:05:43 GMT

"Unmesh" <unmesh_at_thinking-minds.com> wrote in news:9m3qjj$rue$1_at_clamcake.uri.edu:

> Hi,
>
> I have a nested SQL running in 2 different databases. Both have almost
> similar data in the tables against which this SQL is running. Wired
> thing is, in DEV it halts the whole system.. and in TST it runs fine. I
> ran explain plan against both databases and both shows different output
> in the plan table. The only difference between 2 databases is 'Analyze
> Schema against all tables and indexes' been run for DEV almost a week
> back which it didn't run in TST. HEre is the SQL ..

Looks like nvision. Good luck. One of the biggest issues is that PeopleSoft uses a lot of empty temporary tables. Make sure that any empty table ...wrk ...tmp type tables have the statistics removed. You can also do what I did. I put an after (insert,update) trigger on them to calculate the statistics at that time. If you analyze them empty, you will get bad plans if when the sql is running they aren't empty.

--
Robert Fazio
Senior Technical Advisor