Re: Export Problems

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:48:07 GMT

D Parent wrote:

> Good Day,
> I am having a problem running Exp. from a client. Originally the Exp.
> utility would not run because of a character set mis-match. The server was
> using US7ASCII and the client Western European. I went into the registry and
> changed the NLS_LANG parameter to US7ASCII on the client. Now when the
> client runs exp. to export his schema he receives 2 messages that alternate
> they are as follows :
>
> . . exporting table ACCOUNT_TRANSACTIONS
> EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904 encountered
> ORA-00904: invalid column name
> . . exporting table ADDRESSES
> EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1003 encountered
> ORA-01003: no statement parsed
>
> This continues throughout the whole export, I checked the column names are
> fine, export of course terminates unsuccessfully. I even created a 2 column
> table in his schema and tried to export it, same error.
> I would appreciate any ideas on how to rectify the situation.
>
> Cheers.

Oracle Version, please?
OS version wouldn't hurt, either.

Did you create java in the database?
There is a note on this on Metalink.- Note:144187.1 Are you using the same version of the oracle utilities (exp.exe) as is installed on the Oracle Server?
check note 132904.1 Compatibility Matrix for Export & Import Between Different   Oracle Versions

Paul Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 18:48:07 CDT