Re: moving data from sybase/ms sql server to oracle

From: Pete Finnigan <pete_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:03:41 +0100

Hi

I would drop your triggers if you are going to insert data into the tables they are on. BUT you need to carfully understand what they do, ie is it ok to ignore what they do, do you need to create output or data later. I have had similar issues in the past and found that the only way to get data to load satisfactorly is to drop triggers for performance, but in general you mat need to do houskeeping after.

cheers
Pete Finnigan
www.pentest-limited.com

In article <8e84e57c.0108150255.483bf76d_at_posting.google.com>, simo <simax_at_mail.com> writes

--
Pete Finnigan
IT Security Consultant

Office  01565 830 990