Re: Why DBA?

From: John Jones <john.jones_at_duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:52:26 -0400

Why is it then that most so-called "good" programmers can't even write proper SQL statements. I can't count the number of times that I have had to tune SQL that these programmers wrote. They write bad SQL and then try to blame it on "database" performance.

If you think that a good programmer can admin your database, I sure would hate to work for you. Can your programmers ensure that proper backups are done and then restore and recover databases after they have crashed.......

--
John Jones
Senior Oracle DBA