Re: Alter Session set via link

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:01:28 +0200

"Jacuo" <zoch_at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:9m3qug$c4u$1_at_news.tpi.pl...
> How can I make Alter session set on remote session when connecting via
link
> ?
> I have 2 databases INTERNAL and EXTERNAL connected by database link DB
>
> EXTERNAL base uses cached_cursor=FORCE
> and when I try to make some complex queries with subqueries from INTERNAL
> get error.
> So I want to make Alter session set cached_cursor=EXECT
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Jacek

try to create a login trigger in the remote database for that user. The login trigger will use the alter session statement. However, this parameter might not be modifiable other than by bouncing the database.
Check is_sysmodifiable and is_sesmodifiable in v$parameter before you try to attempt it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 17:01:28 CDT