Re: How insert new field in between?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 15:03:04 -0500

On 23 Aug 2001, danielcloutier_at_web.de wrote:

>>So, when you do a "desc table" you see the new column?
>

> Yes, the new column has been created and I can see it.

Okay. Thats good.

> I cannot acces columns that are after the column of type
> LONG. I do this with the JDBC.
>
> If the long column is last column of table, I can access all
> columns without any problems.

Really? Hm... Seems like a not-so-good limitation of JDBC. Maybe you can reorder your select columns so that JDBC thinks the LONG is the last column?

Were did you find out that this was the case, BTW?

>>Second, if you do "select new_column from table" do you get an
>>error or to you get no data?
>
> Select works fine.

That's good.

> I gues, it is just another JAVA problem but I wanted to know,
> if it possible, to insert a new column between existing
> colums. Thatīs why I was asking in this NG. Just to go around
> the Java problem. Joerg

Sorry. I'm not too strong with the java side of the house.

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.