Re: lsnrctl command

From: Bryant <btolar_at_fedworld.gov>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 06:11:34 -0700

"Gerard H. Pille" <ghp_at_skynet.be> wrote in message news:<3B84260A.5CF18AF7_at_skynet.be>...
> Bryant wrote:
> >
> > I am attempting to create a simple script to move the listener log
> > file on a monthly basis. If the listener has not been named the
> > command is simple
> >
> > lsnrctl set log_file log_file_name
> >
> > But if the listener has been named(no longer default of LISTENER) and
> > I run the same command I get an error. I believe I need to put the
> > listener name into the command but, I cannot seem to get the corrct
> > syntax. Any suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> The manual says to do it this way, it's not possible on one
> command-line:
>
> lsnrctl << -oef-
> set current_listener listener_two
> set log_file listener_two.log
> exit
> -oef-
>
> With me, on Debian Linux with Oracle9i, it works but gives a memory
> fault when exiting.

Just like to say thanks for the suggestions. I gave this a try

lsnrctl << -oef-
> set current_listener listener_two
> set log_file listener_two.log
> exit
> -oef-

and it worked. The only problem is that I am trying to pass the date in as part of the name. This might be possible but I think just moving the old file and passing it the date will do the same thing.

Thanks again
B Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 08:11:34 CDT