How insert new field in between?

From: Daniel Cloutier <danielcloutier_at_web.de>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 14:55:23 +0200

Hello everyone!

I have quite a problem with one of my tables in my Oracle db. I wanted to insert a new field into my table using the ALTER sql command. Now, this command appends the desired field at the end of the table. The last field in this table is of type LONG and somehow, I cannot acces the appended field(VARCHAR2(1). Is there any solution to insert a field in between two existing fields or is it only possible to append a field to a table?

I appreciate any hint and help!!
Thanks,
Joerg!

News suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://newsgroups.web.de