Re: OPS 8.1.7 on AIX experiences

From: Ronald <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 05:02:46 -0700

rye1 <msmith4_at_triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:<3B84843F.A16DD66A_at_triad.rr.com>...
> If anyone is running OPS 8.1.7 on AIX 4.3.3, can you comment on your
> configuration (primary-primary vs primary-secondary, MTS vs no MTS,
> patch level) and perhaps outline where you had the bumps in the road ?

Hi,
I have not 8.1.7 running; 8.1.6.3 instead. On AIX our biggest problem was getting the right version of HACMP installed, which should be HACMP/ES >= 4.3.1. Make the oracle software owner member of a group common to the HACMP software owner and all works fine. In metalink you can find a few good articles about the HACMP setup.

I never used ops for scalability so my setups are with a primary instance and a reduntant instance for failover. With RAC scalability issues should be solved. When load balancing is needed MTS could be a good method to get it when using remote service registration.

Ronald.

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 07:02:46 CDT