Re: Copying a DB from NT to Linux occurs a ORA-01516

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:51:26 GMT

On 23 Aug 2001 02:25:17 -0700, schwickert_at_yahoo.com (T. Schwickert) wrote:

>nice thread :-)

Yeah, but let's not make a habit of it. :-)

>Just theoretically:
>create a tablespace on nt, the same on linux using same parameters etc.
>Compare them binary.
>Are they the same ?
>I don't think so, but I'm not sure before i've try it.

I don't think so either. If nothing else, the info that goes into a datafile header in Linux Oracle will be quite different from what goes into a NT ORACLE datafile header. Not in structure, but in content. However, the pure table data (abstracting headers and column separators) will be exactly the same. Assuming of course the same type of Intel CPU.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 06:51:26 CDT