Re: How to avoid a public Database link

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 03:31:43 -0700

marcus.kuehl_at_t-online.de (waltervdv) wrote in message news:<b2677297.0108222203.4811281e_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hallo !
>
> Can I create a database-link under user A and give access to it to
> user B without creating a public database-link ?
> I dont't think it is possible to gant any priviliges on database-links
> - right?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Marcus

Sigh, no version again
Database links act just like synonyms. They can't be shared between users.
And no, you can't grant privileges on database links. The sql reference manual doesn't contain 'holes': undocumented sql doesn't exist.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 05:31:43 CDT