Help!!!!

From: Al <Al_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:53:01 +0530

Hi,

    We have a SunUltra5 workstation with solaris2.6. It has 256MB of RAM and 1GB of swap has been allocated to the system. Recently we loaded oracle server version 7.3.4. With all the cost cutting around although we are using a licensed version, we cannot go for support. I'd be glad to have any of you help to let me know a few answers.

The oracle seems to have occupied more memory. Cuz with no process running , top command shows only 10MB free. Is there a way to tune it and make it perform better.
The system is dead slow. Any ideas why?
Please let me know of useful URLs which provide some info, if any.

regards
-Al Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 04:23:01 CDT