RE: muliple instances on one database?

From: Sig Dock <sigdock_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:31:18 -0400

Christophe,

thanks for your reply, especially the use of the Veritas Cluster Server is interesting since we are already using vxfs on the Sun boxes. I just wonder how to deal with that second instance on teh second box. Do I use a copy of the init.ora from the original box and how do I create the second instance? The loss of connections is, according to the management, not really a big issue so they are quite fond of this solution since they won't have to spend extra money for the OPS license. Unfortunatly, I've never worked with this.

tia,
Bert Jan Meinders
Oracle DBA