Re: Login problems with local Oracle 8i (rel. 2 [8.1.6]) on domain workstation

From: Luterin <luterin_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:47:37 -0400

We had something similar happen (this may, or may not apply to your situation) - user could log into local database when Not logged into the NT domain, but could not log into the local database when Logged into the NT domain.

If I remember correctly, I had the user make the following correction:

  "modify the default entry in SQLNET.ORA which reads:   SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)   and change it to
  SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE)" and it worked.
Incidently, the above excerpt is from a previous post on usenet.

-Lute.