Re: sorting out to disk - question

From: Kenneth Koenraadt <plovmand_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:44:42 GMT

1)Identify the sql statements in you application code which returns many rows AND which require sorting. These are the most likely to cause disk sorts.

2)Query v$sqlarea again :
Those SQL statement that show a high number of sorts in v$sqlarea are probably the ones causing disk sorts.

3) Use SQL_TRACE followed by TKPROF could also give you some hints.

Regards,
Kenneth Koenraadt
Systems Consultant
Oracle DBA