Re: Copying a DB from NT to Linux occurs a ORA-01516

From: Liz Reen <lizr_at_geologist.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:20:43 -0700

In article <9ltmnb$eav$1_at_newsread2.nexgo.de>, k.kalweit_at_gmx.de says...
> But I can mount the database so, the control files doesn't seem to be
> corrupt. Are the binary data between Linux and NT Oracle Version different?
> Both are intel systems so I think there are no problems how the data are
> stored.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kristian.

Hardware has nothing to do with it. These are two totally different operating systems. The problems is not the file system type. That hurdle was crossed when you copied the files. It is the internal representation of the data which is different (think long, floating point etc.) Linux may be a "recent" o/s, which is based on Unix which is anything, but recent. Export/Import is the only answer.

Liz Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 15:20:43 CDT