ORA_ENCRYPT_LOGIN

From: Erik Hudson <ehudson_at_ieee.org>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 07:04:50 -0700

I've got a question about a SQLJ application I'm writing that runs on NT and accesses an Oracle 8.1.7 database on a Sun. I want to make sure the password gets encrypted when making a connection to the database. On the server side, I've set DBLINK_ENCRYPT_LOGIN to true in the init.ora file. For the client, I'm trying to set the ORA_ENCRYPT_LOGIN variable to true. Can I set this in the properties variable that gets passed to the getConnection() method? If not, how do I set it?

The next question: To prove this to the security people, is there a way to verify that it has been encrypted for a connection?

Thanks for any help.

Erik Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 09:04:50 CDT