Oracle 8i (version 2 [8.1.6]) login problem after adding standalone sys. to domain.

From: Schism <uxphreak_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 06:33:20 -0700

Good morning:

I added a standalone system (which has Oracle 8i [version 2 (8.1.6)] installed) to the domain recently, but since then the user has not been able to login on Oracle 8i. I took the system out of the domain and put it in a workgroup and he is able to login to Oracle. I'm using AD on Win2K Adv. Serv. and some policies have been assigned, but is there something in Win2K Adv. Serv. that would cause the accounts in Oracle on a domain workstation to "lock" while in the domain? Do I have to install Oracle 8i as the domain administrator on that machine?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Regards

uxphreak Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 08:33:20 CDT