Re: Changing datafile.

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:59:23 GMT

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:01:50 +0200, Morten Primdahl <morten_at_caput.com> wrote:

>> I hope you also copied the file across from C: to D:? Renaming
>> doesn't move it, you have to do so yourself.
>
>Yep. The new file already resides on D:

Hmmm, the error you have seems to indicate the fil is not what O would expect it to be. Sort of "different signature", if you get my drift. You sure nothing else has changed in all that re-arranging of drives? Like an upgrade to a different version of ORACLE, or a startup with the fil offline and then trying to bring it back online without recovery? Sounds like that to me.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 07:59:23 CDT