Changing datafile.

From: Morten Primdahl <morten_at_caput.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:42:23 +0200

Hi. I'm trying to correct some issues on a very messy NT machine. Drives C: and D: both hold Oracle installations, it's the 'wrong' installation that gets run as a service at boot time though. This began to happen after a faulty OS upgrade *sigh*

What I need to do, is

   ALTER TABLESPACE biis RENAME DATAFILE
'C:\orant\database\biis01.dbf' TO
'D:\orant\database\biis01.dbf';

When I try to bring the tablespace online however, I get the following:

ORA-01122: database file 6 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 6: 'D:\ORANT\DATABASE\BIIS01.DBF'
ORA-01251: Unknown File Header Version read for file number 6

I'm really stuck here - I read somewhere that I may need to edit the control file generated by

    ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE; Would I need to just replace the reference to the old datafile to the new?

Thanks,

Morten Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 06:42:23 CDT